Most publications are available by clicking on the title below. Please e-mail me for a pdf of papers not available this way.
Google Scholar site: http://scholar.google.ca/citations?user=sRVbld4AAAAJ&hl=en
List of publications (in reverse chronological order)
* = graduate student authors, ** = undergraduate authors
32. *Frances, D.N and S.J. McCauley. Effects of environmental warming during early-life history on libellulid odonates. Accepted at Canadian Journal of Zoology
31. **Catania, S.V.L., J. Koprivnikar, and S.J. McCauley. Size-dependent predation alters interactions between parasites and predators. Canadian Journal of Zoology 94: 631-635.
30. **Duong T.M. and S.J. McCauley. 2016. The effects of non-consumptive predation stress on immune response in a larval libellulid dragonfly. Ecology 27(6): 1605 – 1610.
29. **Catania, S.V.L. and S.J. McCauley. Evaluating the use of coded wire tags in individually marking odonate larvae. The Canadian Entomologist 148: 371-374.
28. **Chavez, M.Y., K.E. Mabry, S.J. McCauley, J.I. Hammond. 2016. Differential larval responses of two ecologically similar insects (Odonata) to temperature and resource variation. International Journal of Odonatology 18(4): 297-304.
27. *Baines, C.B., S.J. McCauley, L. Rowe. 2015. Dispersal depends on body condition and predation risk in the semi-aquatic insect, Notonecta undulata. Ecology & Evolution: 5(12): 2307-2316.
26. McCauley, S.J., Hammond, J.I., **Frances, D.N., Mabry, K.E. 2015. Effects of experimental warming on survival, phenology and morphology of an aquatic insect (Odonata). Ecological Entomology: 40(3): 211-220, DOI 10.1111/een.12175.
25. *Hall, A.M., S.J. McCauley, M-J. Fortin. 2015. Recreational boating, landscape configuration, and local habitat structure as drivers as drivers of odonate community composition in an island setting. Insect Conservation and Diversity 8: 31-42 (doi: 10.1111/icad.120.80).
24. **Baines, C.B., McCauley, S.J., & Rowe, L. 2014. The interactive effects of competition and predation risk on dispersal in an insect. Biology Letters, 10. (doi: 10.1098/rsbl.2014.0287).
23. Werner, E.E., Davis, C.J., Skelly, D.K., Relyea, R.A., Benard, M.F., McCauley, S.J. 2014. Cross-scale interactions and the distribution-abundance relationship. PLOS ONE: DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0097387.
22. McCauley, S.J., C.J. Davis, E.E. Werner, M.S. Robeson II. 2014. Dispersal, niche breadth and population extinction:colonization ratios predict range size in North American dragonflies. Journal of Animal Ecology 83: 858-865 (doi: 10.1111/1365-2656.12181).
21. Throop H.L., K.E. Mabry, S.J. McCauley, K.D. Glazewski. A response to Lockwood, Reiners, and Reiners. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 11: 525–526. (doi.org/10.1890/13.WB.018)
20. McCauley, S.J. 2013. Relationship between morphology, dispersal, and habitat distribution in three species of Libellula (Odonata: Anisoptera). Aquatic Insects 34: 195-204.
16. McCauley, S.J., T. Brodin, J. Hammond. 2010. Foraging rates of larval dragonfly colonists are positively related to habitat isolation: results from a landscape-level experiment. American Naturalist 173: E66-E73.
13. Benard*, M.F. and S.J. McCauley*. 2008. Integrating across life-history stages: consequences of natal habitat effects on dispersal. American Naturalist 171: 553-567. *both authors contributed equally to this work (randomly determined author order)
8. Boyce, W.M., S.P. Lawler, J. Schultz, S. McCauley, L. Kimsey, M. Niemala, W. Reisen, C. Nelson, D. Brown. 2007. Nontarget effects of the mosquito adulticide pyrethrin applied aerially during a West Nile virus outbreak in an urban California environment. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 23: 335-339
7. McCauley, S.J. and K. E. Wehrly. 2007. Zebra mussel, Dreissena polymorpha, attachment to Odonata larvae. Odonatologica 36(1): 63-69.
4. McCauley, S.J. 2005. Differential dispersal propensities between individuals in male Leucorrhinia intacta (Hagen). International Journal of Odonatology, 8(2): 223-232.
3. McCauley, S.J., S.S. Bouchard, B.J. Farina, K. Isvaran, S. Quader, D. W. Wood, C. M. St. Mary. 2000. Energetic dynamics and anuran breeding phenology: insights from a dynamic game. Behavioral Ecology, 11(4): 429-436.
2. McCauley, S.J. and K.A. Bjorndal. 1999. Response to dietary dilution in an omnivorous freshwater turtle: implications for ontogenetic dietary shifts. Physiological and Biochemical Zoology, 72(1): 101-108.